4.18.2013

Love and Sympathy

My uncle passed away last weekend, at the age of 49, after his battle with cancer.  My heart is heavy for my aunt and cousin who had to say goodbye so soon.  It's never easy to make sympathy cards, but I honestly feel it is the most important card I send.  My hope is that it will bring some small measure of comfort to know that I care about them and I'm praying for them.


The stems were colored with a Pear Pizzaz marker and the flower was colored with Wisteria Wonder.  The butterfly was stamped onto vellum then punched out using the small butterfly punch.
 


The sentiment from this stamp set is just lovely.  It's a new stamp set for me and I'm just sorry I needed to use it so soon.


Rest in peace, Uncle Rod.  We'll be holding your wife and daughter in love and prayers.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: EnFrancais Background; Love and Sympathy; Papillion Potpouri
Paper & Ink: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizazz, Wisteria Wonder
Misc: Small Butterfly Punch, Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon, Distressing Tool

 




1 comment:

Kristie Goulet said...

So sorry Heather. Love this sympathy card, so soft and pretty!