4.24.2012

Quilted - Mojo 238

As soon as I saw this week's, Mojo Monday sketch my wheels started turning and I thought about all the possibilities this sketch offers.  This is one of those sketches I will be saving to use again.  (and again and again)


This card is a great way to use up all those extra scraps you have after you finish a card or scrapbooking layout.  It's also a fabulous way to use the scraps you get after running paper through your die cutting machine. 


The inside of the card uses up even more scraps, and it is cute enough to be the front of a card!

Here's a look at this week's sketch.  Feel free to join in!

 

My card is made easy using punches, but you could use your trimmer to create any size square you desire.  I don't have a scallop oval punch, so I cut apart a scallop circle and framed my oval. 


Next time I am going to make this look even more like a quilt by using a couple of different patterns.  Come back soon to see what else I come up with. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Postage Stamp Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Postage Stamp Punch
Island Indigo Bakers Twine
Island Indigo Bakers Twine

Sincere Salutations Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Sincere Salutaions
Retiring May 31, 2012
Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Twitterpated DSP
Retiring April 30, 2012


Card Supplies:
Stamps: Sincere Salutaions, Tiny Tags
Ink: Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red
Paper: Twitterpated DSP, Island Indigo CS (CS=Cardstock), Riding Hood Red (CS), Whisper White (CS)
Punches: Postage Stamp, 1" Square, Jewelry Tag, XL Oval, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle
Misc.: Island Indigo Bakers Twine

3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the use of all the punches--this looks absolutely fabulous! :)

Louise Sharp said...

Oh, yum Heather - I was waiting to see what you would come up with! Yes, I agree - this would be a fav sketch. I love squares!
Just too nice - love the colour selection and twitterpated paper (as you know) is my ultimate favourite!
Lou X

Heather North said...

Thank you <3 Louise, did you see that SU is carrying over the Twitterpated paper? I didn't know they do that! :)