8.26.2018

Sew Sunday Seahawks Quilt ~ Floating Zipper

The quilt I made for Corvettes de Olympia scholarship fundraiser (VetteFest) was auctioned off earlier this month.  I wasn't able to get great pictures of the finished quilt because I finished it just hours before I gave it away and the lighting was terrible.

Here is a picture of it on the design wall.  I decided to add a top and bottom border with some small square scraps from making this quilt.


Here it is on the hazy afternoon I took finished pictures.



The binding was made from the green strips of fabric, but I added 2 strips of Seahawks fabric on the upper left and bottom right of the quilt.


On the back I added some corners so it could be hung, and printed out my first labels onto fabric.  It was pretty easy.  I ironed some white fabric to freezer paper sheets and ran it through my printer!  The 8.5"x11" sheets were so easy to use that I think I'll be making many more labels with my printer.



This was how it was displayed before the auction. I wish I had thought to open it up and hang it so you could see the top and bottom.  My friend Mandy is pictured next to the quilt.  We are going to make her one of these someday soon, I hope.


The gentleman who won my quilt said it is going to his 6 week old grandson.  That just melts your heart, doesn't it.  It was worth all the work when I found out where it was going.




Zipper quilt inspired by this video from Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilt Company.


2 comments:

Sharon Nez said...

It's a beautiful quilt Heather!!! Thanks for sharing where the quilt is going!! I'm sure the infant grandson will grow to love that quilt!! Thanks for sharing! And that's a generous donation! I know quilting doesn't happen over night....even if you're doing it by sewing machine!

Penny Ward said...

OhMyWord....What a beautiful quilt. You truly are a very special person to put your heart into such a project, then donate it. Hugs :)