8.18.2018

Purple and Teal Ribbons ~ CAS16

Unfortunately breast cancer is not the only cancer out there.  That is why for this month's Calling All Sistahs Encouragement Squad challenge we are having ribbon of hope challenge for all types of cancer.


When I saw this challenge I asked my friends on Facebook if any of them are facing cancer or have a loved one who is.  Unfortunately two of my friends have mother's facing advanced stage cancer.  The inspiration for these cards comes from Nora Noll on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog.  Clicky to see her card.


This first card was made for my friend whose mom is facing Ovarian cancer.  Both cards were made by swiping 3 colors of Zig Clean Color markers onto Bristol cardstock and then spritzing with water.  Once it was dry I die cut it with a wonky stitch die. For the flowers and leaves I stamped then clear embossed before using Zigs and a little water on my watercolor brush.




My second card is for my friend to give to her mom facing pancreatic cancer.
After not creating a card video in almost a year, I was very tempted to make a video of these cards.  If you are interested in one, leave me a comment and I just might dust off my camera & tri-pod.

Now it is your turn. Check out the inspiration from the encouragement squad. Make a card inspired by the photo to bring hope to someone who is battling cancer and then add it to the encouragement challenge.  Clicky



Stamps: Hope Ribbon, Mon Ami (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine) 004, 042, 033, 032, 030, 080, 083 (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers)
Paper: Bristol Cardstock (Strathmore)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (SU) Mon Ami Fleur Fri-Dies (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) Wonky Stitched Rectangle (My Favorite Things) Round #8 Watercolor Brush (Silver)  



4 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Two beautiful cards Heather! I love the way the colors came out with just spritzing them with water! Your flowers look amazing too!

Unknown said...

I would love to see a video from you! These are beautiful cards! I've got to give the technique a try!

sandie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends and I am sure these cards will make them smile. They are gorgeous, wonderful backgrounds and beautifully coloured x

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE your cards!! The way yo used the Zig markers is fantastic!! I am so happy that I inspired your cards. I think yours are better then mine!!