4.05.2017

Uniquely Stamped

The challenge this week is to use stamps in a unique way to create a new design.  One of our most talented design team members, Kristie Goulet, recently started a new classroom series showing us how to do just that.  I must admit, I'm not that good at it.  I see a stamp and I stamp it the way it was intended.  Therefore, I LOVE that Kristie is teaching us how to expand our vision and get even more use out of stamps.

That being said, I would not have signed up for this challenge.  It's out of comfort zone. I'm glad I did though because I ended up getting 2 cards out of this one technique, and now I have a new card to share with you!
First though, a sneak peek at the challenge card. I stamped several floral images around a lightly drawn circle, then used a stitched die to cut out a circle from the center of my "wreath".  I popped up this panel and stamped the sentiment on the card base.


Clicky to see the full card at StampNation if you are a member.


Stamps: Eva's Favorite Flowers (Winnie & Walter) Lovely Flowers (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: Fiesta Blue, Flirty Fuchsia, Grass Skirt, Lime Rickey, Midnight, Oragne Twist, Party Dress, Rockin' Red, Tiara, Tiki Torch, Tutti Frutti (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Paper: Bright White (CPD) Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Double Stitched Circles (Lil' Inker Designs)


That left me with a really cute circle die cut of flowers.  I decided to make another card and use the inlaid die cutting technique for this piece.  How cool is that?!  Two unique cards from a uniquely stamped piece.  Thanks, Kristie, for expanding my stamp horizons.

If you like this type of card, check out this post from our last Stamp of Approval release.



1 comment:

MaggieB1983 said...

Hi Heather ~ I just love the beautiful cards you've created. The colors are so bright and cheerful and I love the finishing touch of the stitched circle. Thanks for sharing and for continuing to inspire with your creative talent. This may have been out of your comfort zone but you totally rocked it. ~HUGS~
#kindnessmatters