1.07.2017

Sew Saturday ~ Best of 2016 part 1

At the beginning of each year I like to take a look back at what I did creatively in the previous year.  One of the biggest reasons I started blogging was to have a place to keep track of all I had created since I give most of it away.   Today we will be looking at what was going on in my sewing room.  I didn't get as much time in my favorite room as I would like in 2016, but it still saw enough action to get a few things made.  ;)


This quilt top was finished just in the nick of time for our January reveal at my local SouthSoundModernQuiltGuild or SSMQG.  I don't have a picture of it yet, but you can believe I will be posting about it in a future Sew Saturday.  Here's just one picture of the progress of my Patchwork City QAL.
Clicky for blog post


My niece enjoying the quilt I made her.  I love that a piece of me is with her all the time, even though I live 650 miles away.
Clicky for original post (lots of quilts from Sew Expo)

One of the reasons I did not quilt as much as I would have liked in 2016 was because I traveled almost every month.  I took several trips down to CA to see my baby niece and my ailing Grandma.  On this trip just before Grandma's birthday I was able to show her the quilt I made for her.  Her response still cracks me up as I re-read it today.  I'm glad I kept a record of it here on my blog.

Clicky to read the original post


Olympia Arts Walk.  Our guild challenge was to make an improv quilt with the floral fabric you see below.  Here is what I came up with.
Clicky to read more about Arts Walk

Come back tomorrow and I will share the second half of 2016 from my sewing room.

No comments: