9.20.2016

Love on Candy Cane Lane

It's the sweetest time of the year, and my card today reflects that. It is so sparkly and sweet in person.  The background was created by swiping Cotton Candy ink across white cardstock to create a soft pink background, then I inked up the Peppermint Stick background stamp in Versamark ink and used Red Glitz embossing powder to heat set it.  Using the Misti for my big background stamp as well as all the candy canes made it so much easier than trying to do it another way.


When I first saw this set I thought of our family tradition of hanging candy canes on the Christmas tree.  Then I was reminded of all the sweet treats we make around the holidays.  Do you have any sweet Christmas traditions?


Stamps: Candy Cane Lane, Peppermint Stick (Catherine Pooler Designs for SOA Candy Cane Lane Collection)
Ink: Cotton Candy (My Favorite Things) Onyx Black (Versafine) Versamark
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Candy Cane Lane Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs for SOA Candy Cane Lane Collection) Clear Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up) Foam Sheets; Magenta Twinkle Embossing Glitter, Red Glitz Embossing Glitter (WOW) MISTI




2 comments:

Alanna said...

All your candy canes are so adorable. I love all the patterns on them.

Susan said...

It's almost like seeing fabric choices. =) Great card!