9.15.2016

Poor Kitty and Stamp Sale at Ellen Hutson


This week I was going to finally get back into the swing of things with new cards posted on my blog and a new video too.  But, then this past weekend happened.  I'll share more on that later, for those that are interested in my personal life, but first, something happy.  


Ellen Hutson is having a 3 day sale on stamps.  Use code saveonstamps for 20% their stamps only.  Clicky to find something to add to your cart.  I'll be getting this beauty after seeing my friend, Maureen use it on a card.

Color Layering Deer

More good news:
I've been getting ready for the new stamp of approval and have over half a dozen cards to share with you next week.  Would you like to see a sneaky peek?  I can begin showing you full cards on Sunday, so be sure to come back all next week.



My blog hop day is the 19th, so be sure to check back then.  It's going to be a very playful release to get you in the mood to make your holiday cards.


Now for the reason I have not gotten back to posting here and on youtube.
 Saturday I got the news that my uncle had passed away unexpectedly in his sleep.  It came as such a shock to all of us.  Sunday afternoon my cat was outside playing and he came to the back porch with a nasty wound on his back leg and a couple of other spots were bloody too.  We took him the emergency vet hospital where they had to sew him back up and give him a splint.  The vet thinks he was hit by a car because the knob on the end of his ankle bone was ground down to nothing.  We don't yet know if we will be able to save his leg.  Cats have an amazing ability to heal.  If we can keep his leg immobile while it heals, that is his best chance.  I've been on kitty watch ever since.  

At the pet hospital waiting to be soon.  Most of the damage was to his back legs.  I'll spare you the gory pictures.


Bandage and splint on his left leg, and bandage covering his stitches on the right leg too.

Cone of shame

Poor kitty can barely walk and he's not sure whether the bandages on his feet or the cone on his neck bothers him more.

New bandages and splint after pulling the first one halfway off.

Today is the first day he has slept and relaxed without being on my lap.  I've been trying to get some work done while he has been sleeping.


My Aunt Robin, Uncle Teddy and mom at Christmas in the late 80's or early 90's. 

My apologies for not sharing more often on my blog.  I know each and every one of you understands that my family (and pets) needed me.  We had to put our dog to sleep in June when the cancer moved into his lungs & brain.  My grandma went into the hospital in July and was going downhill fast.  She has now stabilized.  The doctors say she won't get better, but she is doing ok for now.  That was the phone call I was expecting from my mom, not that my uncle had passed away.  For those of you who know me in real life and have left me messages of love, prayers and encouragement on Facebook, I appreciate you!  <3 I know that my life is blessed, but the road is a little rocky right now.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the family and the poor cat. Of course they need you, and they come first. We aren't going anywhere.

Heather North said...

Thank you, Susan! I knew you all would understand. I have the best followers in all of blogdom.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oooh, your poor kitty! I love cats - we have 3. I hope your kitty will be okay and that you will update us from time to time. Sending big hugs! So sorry to read about your uncle's passing - please accept my deepest sympathies.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your family. Special prayers for your fur-child Kitty. Prayers to give you strength during thid difficult time. Take care and return to your blog when you can.