2.29.2016

Masculine Monday with a Touch of Sparkle

Sparkle and masculine aren't often used in the same sentence, but I think it works on today's card.  Mostly because I kept it clean and simple (CAS) and used the colors blue, silver & white.  I wanted the sentiment to be the star of the show and I think it is.


I stamped the outside sentiment on a Project Life journal tag with a light grid on it. It's a little difficult to see in the picture.  I took these pics back in November with my phone after my camera broke and before I got my new camera.  The tag is the perfect size to use on our cards!  I bought them specifically to use on my cards for the guys, but I keep forgetting I have them.  Can anyone else relate?  Here's a better picture of what they look like, stolen borrowed from the SU website.


The inside has a punchline from a famous phrase in the show How I Met Your Mother.  We love the character Barney, so when Michele Gross of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps told me about this stamp set, I had to order it for my husband's birthday card.


Isn't that fun?  Even if you haven't seen show, the sentiment works!  If you haven't seen it, I encourage you to watch it on Netflix.  ;)





 Speaking of CAS-ual Fridays Stamps, did you know they are having a design team call right now?  I'm seriously considering throwing my name in the hat.  Their team would be a blast to work with.  The only thing holding me back is fear of not being accepted.  What a silly reason not to try!  Will you join me in the call?



Stamps: Wait For It (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Ink: Navy (Hero Arts Shadow Inks)
Paper: Project Life Grid Cards, Whisper White (Stampin' Up) Chevron Glitter Paper (???? bought at JoAnn's)
Accessories: Blueprints 24 (My Favorite Things)

6 comments:

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Special looking card that you made for your husband's birthday. Silver, blue and glittery is a nice touch for a masculine birthday card. I will see if I can find the movie "How I Met Your Mother". Always nice to find a recommended NetFlix movie. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog. Setting goals really do work. Off to work toward finishing my goals. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

You should definitely put your name in the hat for Cas-ual Fridays DT. Love your cards here and SN. You will never know, if you don't try. Go on, apply.

Hugs
Kez

Heather North said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Kez! I sent it in after reading your comment. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you did. Good luck, will have to let us know if you got it.
Hugs
Kez

Heather North said...

Thank you, Kez. If I make the team I'll be sure to shout it from the rooftops. LOL!

Arianna Barbara said...

Ohhh! Very simple, elegant and funny!!! Love it!