Even though making these cards is part of the process, I always head to the stamp room and stare at my table not knowing where to start. Thankfully I had seen the Facebook post from CAS(E) this sketch and thought it was a perfect sketch for my needs.
The background was sponged with distress inks and then stamped with a scripty stamp. I tried to match the colors, but wasn't concerned if they overlapped. The mat behind my sponged piece was colored with the direct to paper technique. It gave it a darker shade than sponging does so that the piece has a noticeable frame. The stamp I used has been retired, but any script stamp, like Defining Words from Wplus9, will work
Next I stamped the sentiment and heat set it to avoid smearing. This also helps the sentiment to stand out from the background sponging. My last step was to add the vellum die cut to represent the butterflies in the sketch and some enamel dots. I had planned on using butterflies when I started, but the vine called to me.
Stamps: French Foliage (Stampin' Up!) Forever In Our Hearts (Verve)
Ink: Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, Wilted Violet (Distress) Onyx Black (Versafine)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Accessories: Geneva Vine (Memory Box) Now & Then Enamel Dots (MME) Blueprints 20, Blueprints 24 (My Favorite Things)