11.06.2015

Blessings to You

Autumn is my favorite time of year.  The air turns crisp and cool, the shadows lengthen in the afternoon and the leaves put on a spectacular show of color. It is also the season of thankfulness.  


I made this card for my grandma.  She is in an assisted living home and doesn't have a lot of space for decorations, but handmade cards can sit on her dresser and brighten her room.  <3  


It just so happens that my card fits the CAS-ual Chic challenge with those gold foil dots on vellum from DCWV.  My little leaves were made after seeing Maureen Merritt use her Kaleidacolor ink pad to color leaves.  Who knew purple, olive green, brown and navy could look so good?


Before I go I wanted to let you know that my card for the CASEing Christmas class over at StampNation went up yesterday.  Sorry I didn't post about it yesteday. I've been battling a cough/cold, and spent most of yesterday in bed.  My card is on the right with a glitter Twisted Inlaid die cut technique.  That little star snowflake is from the Funky Flakes Fri-Dies from CAS-ual Fridays.  Michele made it for the Stamp of Approval collection and will be releasing it in her shop sometime in 2016.  

Stamps: Autumn Blessings (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) Forever Fall (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Vineyard (Kaleidacolor) Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Whisper White (SU) Foiled Vellum Stack (DCWV)
Accessories: Scallop Tags Fri-Dies, Acorn Fri-Dies (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps) Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon, Burlap Ribbon (SU)

2 comments:

Susanne Rose said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love the arrangement of the tags and leaves. Thank you for entering the CAS-ual Chic Challenge. Have a nice day, Susanne.

Tangii said...

LOVE this!!! That gold is the perfect touch! Beautiful colors too!