8.11.2015

Scrapbooking Again! + Announcement

I wanted to put that title in ALL CAPS with loads of !!!!!!!, but I was afraid that those of you subscribed by email would have it sent to SPAM.  Scrapbooking was my first paper crafting love.   I started scrapbooking before it became popular, putting stickers and notecards in the those old cling albums.  Over the years I have completed over 30 albums.


Over the past few years I have scrapbooked less and less.  In fact, over the past 18 months I've only scrapbooked twice and that was with friends.  Something caught my attention though and lit my fire again.  I'm so excited to share it with you!!!   Stacey Lokovic of Inspired to Scrap has a new sketch class starting this week.  You all know how much I love sketches.   It was bound to be a sketch class that got me scrapbooking again.  This class caught my IMAGINATION.  It is a Watercolor Sketch class.   All of the sketches were watercolored by Stacey and they are beautiful!!!


That brings me to my ANNOUNCEMENT.  Stacey and her design team have asked me to Guest Design for this sketch class and I am Over The Moon THRILLED about it.  After 2 years of very little scrapbooking I am suddenly chomping at the bit to get into my hobby room to create in my albums again.  It's a wonderful feeling!

The class itself does not require you to use watercolor in your layouts, but there will be tips and technique to add watercolor embellishments and pieces to your pages.  My plan is to use some of the watercolor techniques I've been playing with on my cards and add them to my layouts.  Here is a sneak peek of one of my layouts using an inlaid watercolor die cut.



Anyone can join in this class by signing up on the Inspired to Scrap blog.  Clicky    I'll leave you with a sample mini sketch to give you an idea of what you are in for.  It's only $10 for this class and worth every penny if you are looking for some scrapbooking inspiration.  See you in the forums.





2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, Heather! So happy for you.

Unknown said...

Way to go! I know you'll be sharing some really pretty cards. Don't you just love watercolor? This card is really pretty.