2.25.2015

TBT on Wednesday with Wplus9

Today I am playing in a new challenge.  My friend, Maureen Merritt, has a challenge up on the Wplus9 blog and I just had to play along.  Maureen introduced me to Wplus9 and I fell in love with their images and sentiments.  The challenge is to use an older set, but I'm still fairly new to the company.  That made this challenge difficult for me.  I decided to use the first Wplus9 set I had purchased and CASE one of Mo's cards.  Here is her card.


Maureen's TBT Card

This card really caught my eye because the focal image was recessed behind the white border.  I decided to give it a try. Here's what I came up with.


After I sponged the background I stamped in an aqua color (Soft Pool), then inked up my stamps again with black, shifted them slightly and stamped again.  This gives a soft blue shadow for each of the stamped images.



Stamps: Banner Love, Heartfelt Holiday (Wplus9)
Ink: Black Licorice (MFT Hybrid);  Soft Pool (Hero Arts Shadow Ink); Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass (Distress)
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' UP!)
Accessories: Rounded Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker Designs)

4 comments:

Kara said...

Such a sweet card! Love the colors!

Maureen Merritt said...

Eeeek, love this Heather!!! The shadow stamping on your sentiment is fantastic and your soft colors are so soothing. Thanks so much for playing along!!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Your title made me laugh.

"TBT on Wednesday with Wplus9 " That's like reading Spanish. I get about half of it. LOL