2.01.2015

Scrapbooking Again

Every year the Pacific Northwest ladies of Scrapshare get together for a day long crop in January and a long weekend retreat in July.  Yesterday was day retreat in Kent, WA.    Last year I wasn't able to make it, so it's been 2 years since I've seen most of these ladies.  It was so much fun to reconnect with these talented ladies.


L2R- Amanda Vaughn, Me, Sue Nagata

For the past 2 years I have rarely/barely scrapbooked, but after yesterday my passion has been renewed.  My pages are nothing spectacular, but I am happy in what I accomplished.  In my 7x7 album I made 5 pages and in my 2010 album I have 5 pages, mostly finished.

My new friends Shelly and her daughter, Symphony.
Check out Symphony's washi tape carpet on the RHS.
Not only is this crop a great time to reconnect with old friends, but I also meet new friends every year.  Shelly and her daughter sat at the table next to mine.  Symphony is one of the most talented 7 year olds I've ever met.  She used baker's twine in ways I've never thought of.  I wish I had take a picture of some of her pages.  She's a great little girl scout too.  If you would like to pre-order you can do it here:  Cookie Link

Last week I went through all my paper and most of my scrapbooking supplies and did a great purge.  Some of it I brought to sell at the crop and I had a couple of boxes of FREE stuff too.  It feels good to have that clutter, and I now have $150 in my pocket.  What I didn't get rid of, and don't plan to use, is staying in the car and going to be donated this week. WIN-WIN-WIN.  :)

1 comment: