3.30.2014

Sew Sunday ~ ALYOF

Can you believe March is almost over?  It went so fast.  April promises to be another extremely busy month.  Thankfully I chose an easy goal this month for A Lovely Year of Finishes.

ALYoF2014
ALYOF March
At the beginning of the month I had the goal of turning this pile of ripped, torn, and worn out jeans into pieces I could make into a quilt top for baseball season.


The actual collection of jeans amassed over the past 7 years was at least triple the size of this pile,but tucked safely into drawers.  Having two growing boys means lots of jeans with holes in the knees.  :)


I'm happy to report I have enough 5.5" squares to make that  quilt top, plus leftovers for a second.  I still have enough left over to possibly make a 3rd lap quilt.  Now if I can just find the time to turn these into picnic quilts we should be much warmer this season sitting out watching Michael's games.




1 comment:

Beth said...

That is a lot of jeans to have cut. I have done tshirt quilts but never saved jeans. Those will make great picnic quilts!