12.12.2013

Weathered Snowflake

Did you like the card and video I posted yesterday?  As promised today I have an alternative idea and this card uses Framelits instead of the Cricut.  You could also use a punch and get similar results.   The greeting doesn't say Merry Christmas on it anywhere, so it can be used for any occasion during the cold winter months.


Here's the follow up video showing you my card and thought process behind making the card.  Sometimes inspiration comes when you don't expect it.

Note: If you are not on my blog, you may need to go to this blog post to view the video above.  ;)



In the close up you can see the fabulous weathered wood look achieved by stamping on Marina Mist with craft ink using my new Woodgrain stamp from Watlzing Mouse Stamps.

I'm linking up with the CAS*ology challenge to use a snowflake.  I think this is fitting, don't you?  It's clean and simple and the snowflake takes center stage.  :)  You should check out their fun facts about snowflakes included in this week's challenge.

CAS*ology74


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Supplies Used (SU, unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Snow Day, Festive Flurry, Woodgrain (Waltzing Mouse Stamps)
Ink: Marina Mist, Whisper White Craft, Versamark (small snowflake)
Paper: Marina Mist, WhisperWhite, Soft Sky
Accessories: Festive Flurries Framelits, Silver Embossing Powder

Festive Flurry Clear-Mount Bundle
Festive Flurry Clear Mount Bundle

Snow Day Clear-mount Stamp Set
Snow Day

3 comments:

vic said...

Oh I love your snowflake card it's so pretty! Great video I will be watching more :)
Hugs
Vic

Meghan said...

Great video. Love seeing your thought process! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy watching you make these things. You are tempting me to get back to stamping - not quite enough yet, but soon - sometime in 2014. =)