12.09.2013

Oh Christmas Tree

Pretty soon I'm going to have to call my hobby room "The Igloo".  It's in the garage and with the temps dropping into the teens at night it is not warming up in there.  :)    Over the weekend we had our old space heater trying to warm things up.   I think it's time for a new one.


As you can see I was playing with my Pennant Parade stamp set and matching punch.

First I stamped in Old Olive on a scrap piece of paper and punched them out.   Then I stamped off before stamping three pennants on my center panel.  I layered the punched trees on top of the stamped trees, a little offset to give a shadow.

The Seasons of Style DSP says it's green color is Old Olive, but that color didn't look right to me, so I experimented with Gumball Green and came up with this second card.  I really like the placement of the greeting to the side of the forest.


Some of the trees are stamped directly on the paper, others are adhered using tape runner and one of them is popped up with a dimensional.  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Pennant Parade - Clear-Mount Stamp
Pennant Parade

More Merry Messages Clear-Mount Stamp Set
More Merry Messages

2 comments:

Darnell said...

I love both designs, Heather! They are clean and sharp and happy! I officially welcomed you to my blog on Monday's post. Thank you so much for being a follower!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

I can't decide which one I like best. As soon as I pick one, the other one cries out to me! Great designs. Could I be on your Christmas card list? LOL Hope you get that studio warm!