9.29.2014

Blessings of Fall ~ Stampin' Celebration

Stampin' Celebration has moved to an every-other-week format, so I have a new challenge for you up a few days earlier than usual.  :)  This challenge is sure to get you in the mood for making fall cards, or at least using some of the lovely autumn colors.

SC88

This is my favorite time of year!  I love the long shadows of the sun, the cool crisp mornings and evenings, the amazing display of colors and the warm blankies on a rainy day.   Bring on fall!

My card was created by masking off a rectangle using post it note tape.  I started sponging with my lightest color on the right and moved left with darker colors.  Then I pulled out my long neglected Lovely As A Tree stamps set and inked it up in Early Espresso.  The finishing touch was to wrap some linen thread around the bottom.  You should have seen me debating between using my burlap ribbon and linen thread.  It is so hard to choose when both options look great.

I hope you will join us for this fall themed challenge.  Be sure to check out the website and see what the other amazing designers have come up with.

Supplies:
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree (Stampin' UP!), Fall Foliage (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Early Espresso, Scrap of DSP, Very Vanilla
SU Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Hello Honey, So Saffron, Tangelo Twist
Accessories: Linen Thread

1 comment:

wienerhoneymooners said...

The inking on this is just STUNNING!!!!
Truly inspired me join along!!!