3.11.2014

Try Stamping On Tuesday

Time for a sketch.  :)  I've been busy working behind the scenes on cards for upcoming design team projects, and wanted to spend some time today making a card just for my blog readers.  :)  When I saw the sketch posted this morning on Try Stampin' On Tuesday I was instantly inspired to go create.


It's very fitting for all the rain we've been having here.   The nearby river has been at or near flood stage for a week now, but today the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and our neighbor even has his lawnmower going.   Ahhh...the sounds of Spring.


This card also gave me a chance to pull out some neglected new goodies.  Can you believe I've had this stamp set and builder brads for at least 2 months and never used them?  

Try Stampin' On Tuesday #158

The twist for this week's challenge is to use stripes and squares.  This sketch will be going in my file for future use.  You can do so much with it and it's a great sketch for showcasing your patterned paper.

This card is also being linked up with Cardz 4 Guyz.  Their challenge this week is typography, words or a name.  When I made this card I planned to put it in my OWH box and I try to make most of my OWH cards "guy friendly" so they can be sent either to or from a guy.  ;)

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo

Card Supplies:
Stamps: See Ya Later (SU-SAB)
Ink: Marina Mist
Paper: Cowboy 6x6 (MME), Basic Gray, Very Vanilla
Misc: Grey Baker's Twine (Pretty Pink Posh), Builder Brads (SU), Neutrals Candy Dots

10 comments:

Nancy Seed said...

Great job Heather. Love the fading on the brads and just a hint of striping in the DSP. Thanks for sharing with us this week at TSOT. PS: Little jealous of your spring coming when we are sitting up here with yet more snow each day! Hope it stops before say...next winter!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is fab hun, love the colours & the sentiment is perfect!

Thank you for sharing with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your take on the sketch, Heather!!!

Julie B said...

great card Helen, love how you have linked the colour of your card to the sentiment, then that little pop of colour.
Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this challenge. :)

Kathy S said...

Heather, I am loving the coloring on this card. Looks so elegant with those lovely brads as jewels. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Cazro said...

Fitted wonderfully with the sketch and I like your sentiment matching the colours you chose. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Paperesse said...

A wonderful card! The colors and patterns you've chosen work so well with your stamp. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love the Candy Dot brads, they add the prefect touch. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Hope to see you again soon!

Kimbo said...

What a great masculine card. I have that set unused too so maybe I'll get it out today

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Helen said...

A really great stamp set - love the sketch you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x