6.06.2013

The Open Sea ~ Masculine Card

My card today was made for a design team challenge over at StampNation.  We had several pictures to use as our muse and I kept being drawn to a framed picture of a map on the wall.  Sooooooooo, I made my own framed "map" using some Epic Day Designer Series Paper.

From that starting point, and some help from an old Mojo Monday sketch, I pulled this card together.  I let the paper decide the colors for me.   Here's a tip for you:  If you look in your catalog at the description of the DSP you will see all of the colors listed for each paper pack. 


I stamped the ship from The Open Sea onto one of the pieces of patterned paper.  Then I sponged the water portion with Pool Party and a touch of Island Indigo.  Next I used my White Gel Pen to make the sails stand out a bit more.  After I punched out the image with my large circle punch I added dash lines and a bit more Pool Party sponging around the edges. 


The last step for me was to add the sentiment.   This card could easily be a birthday card or retirement card or used for any occasion.  It isn't frilly and pink, so it works for any guy in my life.  However, this card will be going to someone extra special next week.  ;)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



This And That Epic Day Designer Series Paper
This & That Epic Day DSP

The Open Sea - Clear-Mount Stamp
The Open Sea

Epic Day This And That Designer Washi Tape
Epic Day Washi Tape
 

No comments: