6.05.2013

Gee, Thanks

This card has been on my "to-do" list since I saw it in a magazine while flying down to CA in early April.   :)  That shows you just how busy my Spring has been.

After I finished the card I went searching for that magazine article and I had to chuckle.  My card isn't even close to being a copy of that card.  I did use graph/grid paper as my background and both cards used banners, but the magazine card had different shapes and sizes for their banners and I completely forgot to add the cute little embellishments they did.   Our colors are different.  My card is a bit "grungy" and their card was "clean".  I'm actually happy mine is different because it gives me a chance to make another card similar to this one, but closer to the original.  ;)


The thing that took the longest on this card was deciding on the greeting.  I wasn't sure whether this would be a birthday card, graduation card or even a Father's Day card.  That is the beauty of this design.  You can make it into whatever you want it to be.  I ended up choosing one of my new stamp sets, Really Good Greetings.

The banners were made using the Hearts A Flutter Framelits.  I used two different banner shapes and layered them with the Soho Subwat  DSP.  Then I strung them across my linen thread with Tombow Mono Multi glue.  That glue has been doing double duty in my house this week.  Monday night my son used it to glue together his Language Arts project.  One of the joys of being a paper crafter is that  I usually have supplies on hand for those "last minute" projects my kids have.


This card goes together so quickly.  Making banners is a great way to use up your scraps of paper, and with these blues, whites and yellows it works for a masculine card, but can be sent to anyone.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  A PERSONAL NOTE:
Life is CRAZY around the North household the past couple of weeks.  School is coming to an end soon, so there are finals, projects, concerts and field trips.  Baseball is in full swing, which means our nights are pretty busy.  The weather has been FABULOUS!!!! so I have spent every free moment while I am home working in our yard.  On top of that I am still working 3 nights a week.  As you can tell my blog posts have reflected the BUSYness of my life.   I am truly hoping it will settle down soon and I can get back to regular blog posts and videos. I haven't forgotten about you.  :)  As soon as my new Magnetic Platform comes in I will be making an Oval card, and I have a fun background making technique I want to share with you too.   Hope you are enjoying the new catalog.  Please let me know if you need anything.  I am still checking my blog comments daily even if I can't post.


Really Good Greetings
Really Good Greetings


Soho Subway Designer Series Paper
Soho Subway

Hearts A Flutter Framelits Dies
Hearts A Flutter Framelits


No comments: