5.25.2016

Tic Tac Toe with Mon Ami

It's Wednesday.  That means challenge day at StampNation.  For this week's challenge I created a fun game of tic-tac-toe.  Just wait until you see all the combinations you can use to inspire your creativity!  Here is a sneak peek of my exclusive card for StampNation.




To create my tic tac toe I used the prompts Circle - Square - Flower.


Stamps: Be Blessed (Verve) Beautiful Word (Gina K for SOA) Enchanted Garden (Sugar Pea Designs for SOA)
Ink: Black Onyx (Versafine) Lilac to Grape Ombre (Hero Arts) 50(Zig Clean Color Real Brush) Squeezed Lemonade (Distress)
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up) Woodgrain (Essential by Ellen)
Accessories: Black Twine, Spring Flowers Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh) Enchanted Garden Dies (SugarPea Designs for SOA) Square Framelits, retired Corner Punch (SU) 


The circle in a square started off my card, so I just needed a flower.  I looked through my scrap pile to see if I could find one and that led to my second card.  :)


On the top of my pile of saved pieces was this Mon Ami flower stamped and die cut in New York last Fall.  I borrowed the stamp from Michele Gross and the stitched square dies from Maureen.  Today I colored the flower with my Zig markers, then I layered it on a piece of watercolor wash paper that was also die cut.  That was a super simple thing to create and I'm not sure why I never used it.  Basically I used a very wet brush, dipped it in purple watercolor and swiped it across my paper.  The finishing touch to this card was a leftover heart vine from one of my videos last month.  It's amazing to me how pretty this card turned out when it started with just some scraps and a little tic-tac-toe inspiration.

While I was making this card I came up with an idea for a 3rd card.  Imagine how many cards I could make if I keep trying other ways to make tic-tac-toe.  I might have enough inspiration to last me a month.  :)  That's a good challenge!

Stamps: Mon Ami (CASual Fridays Stamps) Enchanted Garden (Sugar Pea Designs for SOA)
Ink/Paint: Black Onyx (Versafine) 40, 41, 81, 82 (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers) Simply Art Paint (Loew Cornell)
Paper: Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz) Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Accesories: Clear Embossing Powder (SU) Enchanted Garden Dies (Sugar Pea Designs for SOA) Blueprints 27, Zig Zag Stitched Square Dies (My Favorite Things) Wink of Stella (Zig)


No comments: