10.22.2014

Fall is in the Air

Today is a day Winnie the Pooh would call a blustery day.   The wind is howling through the trees and leaves are dancing across the way.  Rain is pouring down in buckets.  (or at least is was while I was loading groceries in the car)  It's a perfect day for sitting in front of the fire with a warm beverage or at the stamp table without guilt.  :)

The weather is also perfect for the challenge this week at StampNation.  The challenge is to use leaves on your project.  If you have not checked it out yet, you have to see the AMAZING card that Allison created with some Holly Leaves.  Oh my gorgeousness!  One of my all time favorite cards. 
 

For my card, I went all out.  I went into my yard and picked up some colorful leaves off the ground for inspiration.

Either I had a stroke of genius or I may have gone a bit too far with my craft when I punched shapes out of those leaves to add to my card.  What do you think?  Aren't the colors incredible? YES!  These are leaves I see when I look out my windows.  In fact, now I have some brilliant yellow and orange leaves out there as well.   I love living in the Pacific Northwest.


Soon after I made this card I made a card for the Inspired By series at StampNation.   Leaves were still on my mind, as  you can tell.  I wanted to add some gold and chocolate sequins to my cards, but didn't have any.  Then in a stroke of genius I checked out my mixes of sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and found both in her different Christmas mixes!  Woot-Woot!  It was like finding a treasure.  :)  I'm so easy to please.  


This time I stamped the leaves.  Want to see how this card was created?  Be sure to check out my video in the Classroom at StampNation.   Clicky here if you are a member.  Not yet a member?  Click here to join today.



One last bit of info for your midweek.  Tomorrow A Very Trendy Holiday 2.0 Card class officially launches.  The class is open today, a day early, for StampNation members only.  Be sure to grab your $10 off coupon if you are a member.   

Supplies
Stamps: Fall Foliage (My Favorite Things) Defining Words (Wplus9)
Ink: Golden Glitz Delicata (Tsukineko),Cajun Craze - Cherry Cobbler - Hello Honey - Mossy Meadow - Tangelo Twist (Stampin' UP!)
Paper: Very Vanilla
Accessories: Linen Thread (Stampin' UP!), Stitched Film Strip Die - Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Wood Heart (Studio Calico)

No comments: