2.16.2014

Fight Like A Girl

If I had superpowers I would erase Cancer.   Unfortunately I don't have the power to do that, but I can stand behind my friends and family in the battle for their lives and offer prayers, support, encouragement, tears and a well timed card.


This card will be sent to one of my friend's battling breast cancer, but it was made for all of you touched by cancer in some way.  {hugs}


Butterflies are symbol of hope for a beautiful tomorrow, to me, so I chose to include a butterfly over my pink ribbon.
TCC3
I'm linking up with a new challenge that I hope you will check out. The Card Concept There are so many styles represented in the design team for this challenge site that you are sure to find your own somewhere in them.  I'm pretty sure my card today fits in the Shabby Chic category, but it could also fall under Freestyle Collage and Classy & Elegant.

Fusion#4
I'm also linking up with the fusion challenge using the butterfly against a blush background. Hopefully I will get a chance to make another card using the sketch.


Sending out prayers and healing thoughts to all of you out there battling cancer or taking care of someone who is.  "Fight Like A Girl" and kick cancer's but!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Supplies:
Stamp: Fight Like A Girl (A*muse Studios), Gorgeous Grunge (SU), EnFracais (SU)
Colors: Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Smoky Slate (SU)
Accessories: Embossing Paste, Leanna Butterfly (SSS), Leafy Branch (Savvy Dies), Tessatina Stencil (Memory Box), Vellum Cardstock, Basic Pearls, Tea Lace Doily, Pink Taffeta Ribbon, Wink of Stella Pen, Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder



23 comments:

Geri said...

So beautiful, Heather! Love all your subtle textures and that beautiful, delicate butterfly! Thanks so much for joining in the FUSION fun!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! Love all of the texture on your sweet, heartfelt card, Heather! The layers of background images, embossing paste and vellum leaves is stunning. So glad you could share with us at The Card Concept!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your new blog look and this amazing card!!!!

Heather North said...

Thank you! This card was fun to make.

Chris Dring said...

Wow! What an absolutely stunning card Heather! Your friend will be thrilled to receive this! TFS!

Kim In Texas said...

I love this card. It's beautiful. I especially like the white leaves. It's a bit more detail and dimension. I found the stamp set on Amuse a while ago. I had to have it. That is one of my favorite sentiments.

Debbie Bonczek said...

So much dimension and interest with all the elements. Just beautiful! And that butterfly is so delicate . . . just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card - the butterfly just makes it. I, too, hate cancer. Almost everyone I've ever loved has died from it.

Kerin said...

This card is so beautiful! I love how you combined the ribbon with the sparkly butterfly, and of course the sentiment is perfect! So thoughtful. Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

SmilynStef said...

Love the trailing ribbon along the bottom and the wonderful background texture ... so glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

Karen Davis said...

Such a gorgeous card Heather and love that you are supporting those fighting cancer. Both my husband and I have been through it.
The background is so lovely, a perfect backdrop for the ribbon and butterfly. Thank you so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Meg said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous - soft, beautiful and exquisite.

Laura Davis said...

This is such a sweet card!
Laura

Heather North said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. This card means so much to me and I am glad it has touched some of you too.

Betty said...

Love your colors and the glitter. Really pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us in the Fusion card challenge and hope to see you again.

Michelle Lupton said...

This is so very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION card challenge :)

Unknown said...

Wow the new look is awesome and this card is just so beautiful love everything about it♥

Kim In Texas said...

Heather, I took the gorgeous card you made me to show off to my friends. Everyone LOVED it. I think we're going to have to get the butterfly die. So I'm looking at your supply list. That was not embossing paste that you used?

Heather North said...

Kim, I used embossing paste and a stencil on the card base. It's the white you can see and feel in the background. The butterfly is embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder. :)

Kim In Texas said...

Thanks for answering back Heather. We're definitely going to get some paste. But who knows maybe SU will have it in their new catalog!!! One of my favorite times of the year (new catalog preview/release/preorders)!!!

Sally said...

So lovely~ I've known so many who have had breast cancer and have left us and those who are cancer free now~ The thing is that they've all been so strong throughout everything~ I'm not sure I could do that~ However, when you're fighting for your life, I'm sure you have to be strong~ Lost both parents to cancer, and yes, I pray there will be a cure~

Sally said...

So lovely~ I've known so many who have had breast cancer and have left us and those who are cancer free now~ The thing is that they've all been so strong throughout everything~ I'm not sure I could do that~ However, when you're fighting for your life, I'm sure you have to be strong~ Lost both parents to cancer, and yes, I pray there will be a cure~

Kim In Texas said...

I'm CASEing this card this weekend. I just love it!