2.26.2014

Basics & Beyond ~ Wonderful Day

My friends, Catherine, Chupa and Maureen, are launching a new class today called Basics & Beyond.   Boy do I wish this class had been around a few years ago when I was learning how to design & create cards.


Click here to see what the class is all about.  :)  I've already used some of the tips I picked up in the class to put together today's card.


I was also inspired by the following challenges:

CAS*ology: Paint


SSS Wed. Challenge Blog: Pearls
Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
The Card Concept: Floral

Not sure if you would consider this CAS or Clean & Layered since I added pearls.  What do you think?

If you would like to check out the Basics & Beyond class: Click Here
StampNation members get 50% off: Click Here to become a member & get your code
Missed out on the first class, A Very Trendy Holiday: Click Here

Card Supplies:

Stamps: Special Wishes (Penny Black)
Paper: Watercolor Paper (SU), Lilac (SU)
SU Ink: Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Strawberry Slush
Misc.: Kensington Border (Memory Box) Basic Pearls (SU)

14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your card, Heather. That die cut is amazing! You have used it perfectly here! WOW!

Graciellie Design said...

Heather, absolutely amazing card! It will certainly be an amazing day for the recipient! Thanks for sharing!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Heather! Love that you colored this die-cut! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Heather - this really is a dream!!!
LOVE this so much, so glad you found the tine and were inspired to join us this week! I sure hope you can again, I love seeing your cards!!!

Thanks for joining us at CASology!!

Kim In Texas said...

The card is gorgeous! You hit it out of the park.

Maureen Merritt said...

Heather, this may very well be my favorite card from you EVER!!! I'm so in love with that die and what you've done with it here!!! Thanks for linking up to CASology too, this card is perfectly CAS :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Heather this is absolutely gorgeous! Wow Ii am in awe of your beautiful design, fabulous colours and that die cut! Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Unknown said...

This takes my breath away!!

Anonymous said...

I have no clue how it should be classified, but I know I love the rainbow look, and the 3 dimensional quality of it.

Susan Powell said...

What an absolutely beautiful card Heather!!! I just LOVE it!!

Wendy said...

This is so pretty. Love it!

Jen W. said...

This is stunning! Love the gorgeous rainbow and the tiny bit of die cut on the right side. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

May Park said...

Your card is amazing! Such a delicate and beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology this week.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow! What a stunning creation! I am just in awe of the spectrum of colors that you painted on your die, Heather. Outstanding! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept this week!