12.04.2012

Love Forever & Always

Yesterday was our Anniversary.  I was going to show you the card here when I got it done, but decided I should probably show my husband first, just in case he decided to check out my blog.  ;)  Here is a picture of the card beside the gorgeous flowers he brought me. 



I'm married to a wonderful man that I adore, and I know that no card I make could come close to display the love I feel for him, but I also know that by making it myself I put a little bit of my heart into it.


I knew I wanted to use glittery paper and the You Are Loved stamp set.  I also wanted Red.  What I didn't know was how to put it together.  Thankfully, Mojo Monday came to the rescue.


It's perfect!  I added a few more hearts to mine, and I shortened the skinny piece into a banner, but I think my card still captures the essence of this sketch.  You could easily make this card for a wedding or bridal shower too. 


From this angle you can see how I popped up the banner using 2 dimensionals on one side and a glue dot on the other.  This helps the banner to look like it's "blowing".  The Love is also popped up on the glittery decorative label, but it's hard to see that in this photo.



 The inside is decorated as well using some scraps from the front of the card.  Don't you love when it works out that way? 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

SU products used:
Stamps: You Are Loved, Vintage Vogue (retired set)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Red Glimmer Paper, ?Champagne/Copper? Glimmer Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler
Misc.: Hearts Embosslits, Med. Oval Punch, Decorative Label Punch

10 comments:

Carol Maynard said...

Wow!! Awesome card, and I bet your husband just loved it! I love all the glittery hearts and this card just gushes with love! Great job!

Kristie said...

Love this card and I am sure your hubby did too, especially since it was handmade by YOU! TFS!!

Smiles, Laurie said...

lovely.

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Heather, your card is exquisite!

Nathalia O. said...

Ooh, sparkly! I love the sparkles on this beautiful love card. Happy belated anniversary!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being selected for Mojo Monday!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Awesome card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Heather! Happy Anniversary and Congrats....you were a Mojo Monday winner, if I read correctly! TFS

Heather North said...

Thanks everyone. Miji is right. This card was a Mojo Monday winner!!! Woo-Hoo!!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card and Happy Anniversary! Simply beautiful-just like your love for one another. :)