10.12.2016

Falling Into Autumn

When I was a kid I longed for summer and a break from school, but as an adult Autumn is my favorite season.  What's not to love?  The air turns crisp and cool.  Fat Fall raindrops are followed by clear blue sunny skies.  Long shadows flow through the trees as their leaves dance in beautiful colors.   There's just not much I don't like about the Fall.   That's why I am excited about this week's challenge at StampNation.   It's all about celebrating the beauty of the season.  Here's a sneak peek at my card for this week.


The embossing on the Thank You sentiment, as well as some of the leaves, is a combination of 2 colors of metallic embossing powders.  In person it is stunning!  I wish I could capture it on my camera for you.

Stamps: Butterfly Notes (Catherine Pooler Designs) Vintage Leaves (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Aged Mahogany, Carved Pumpkin, Fired Brick, Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade (Distress) Early Espresso (SU) Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla (SU)
Accessories: Blueprints 18 (My Favorite Things) Metallic Copper & Metallic Gold Rich Pale Super Fine Embossing Powder (WOW) Wood Veneer (?)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is SO pretty. I love the leaf stem on the front, too.