10.10.2015

Sew Saturday ~ September Guild Haul

Did you catch the title of this post?  Yes, I am THAT far behind in my Sew Saturday posts.  Last month was a fruitful one for me.  First off we had our pillow swap.  A couple of months ago I filled out a form with questions like:

  • What is your favorite fabric line
  • Who is your favorite fabric designer
  • What are your favorite colors
  • Which are your least favorite colors
We then exchanged passed them in and they handed us somebody else's questionaire so we could make them a pillow.   First up is the pillow I made for fellow guildee, Kara.  At  one of our guild meetings I asked her to point out some of her favorite fabrics, so I could get a better sense of what she would like.  I had a pattern in head that I wanted to try, and I needed a little more inspiration on fabric choices.  My phone came in very handy here!





She tends to like the more earthy colors while I tend to gravitate towards brights and regals.  I'm so glad I asked her to show me which fabrics she really loved, because I would have chosen different colors than I did.  She loves Navy, so I had to include that, but our store didn't have any navy cotton & steel fabrics left, so I went searching through the store and found the perfect match.  At least, I hope she thinks so.  Here is my finished pillow for Kara.


It didn't quite turn out the way I envisioned it in my head, but it still turned out pretty darn cute.  Inspiration struck when I decided to add wooden Stampin' Up! buttons to the back of the pillow for decoration.  I think the back side is actually my favorite side.  See below.


Since it was a swap, I also got a pillow.  Mine however is purple!  <3  Check out the totally modern pillow Patti made for me.  She did such a fabulous job!  It's so soft and squishy.  :)  It has a place of honor in my sewing chair. The picture below shows Melissa holding it up for me at our guild meeting so I could take a picture.  If you would like to see more of our swaps, clicky to check out the South Sound Modern Quilt Guild blog.


We have door prizes at just about every guild meeting.  Last month was no exception.  Some of our members attended the Pacific North West meet-up and brought back a bag overflowing with goodies to give away.  Can you believe it?  I WON!  It is my first time winning anything at our meetings in 2 years.  Woot-Woot!  I didn't even buy extra tickets for this giveaway.  


Did I mention this is a haul post?  I walked away with one more set of goodies from sweet Jyll.  She custom made me some embroidered labels for me to put on the back of my quilts.  Isn't she the sweetest?  I almost just want to frame them and hang them on the wall in my quilt room, but I will use them on my quilts instead. 








No comments: