7.05.2015

Sew Sunday ~ ALYOF July Goals

A week without blogging?  Wow, that was not planned.  I actually have cards to share and projects to blog about, but I didn't have time at the computer.  Do you ever have weeks like that?   Last week was my last week at my job of 6+ and I had things to wrap up at work and at home. Plus, my son had 5 baseball games in the record breaking heat wave we're having.  I was so busy I even forgot to link up with A Lovely Year of Finishes.  Shame on me!  The post was up in time, but I never made it back to link up.  DOH!  It's ok.  It was a short, easy goal, and I am just glad I was able to spend a little time in my sewing room in June.

alyof2015
July Goals

July is here, new month = new goals.  This month the Riley Blake Cottage Garden by The Quilted Fish fabric challenge quilt is due.  That is a mouth full!  I don't know if I will be able to have it 100% done.  It's hard for me to quilt when it is hot and boy is it HOT out.   My July goal will be to at least get the top done.  Hopefully I will make completed quilt by the MQG deadline of July 31st, but if not, I will be happy if I can at least have the top ready to be quilted.



This is where I am at today.  Not very far.  I have more pieces than this cut and ready to sew, but I am many hours away from finishing.  Perhaps I will try to set aside 15 minutes a day to work on this quilt.  I can do anything 15 minutes at a time.  

Baseball ends in one more week, I hope.  After I am finally done playing "mom taxi" I will set aside a week just to play in my sewing room and craft room.  It is high time I had some creative therapy.  


P.S. I had to park behind this car (below) at one of my son's games. (He's #6 in the photo above) I wanted to follow it and see if it would lead me to a fabric store after the game.  :)  Do you have a "vanity plate" with something special written on it?  I love finding them and figuring out the creative meaning behind some of them.  One day I would like to add one to my car too.









No comments: