10.01.2016

World Card Making Day Blog Hop

Hello, World!!! It's World Card Making Day and I get to celebrate with you in a very special way with a very special blog hop.  You'll want to be a part of this one... it's for the kids!


For the next 7 days Catherine will be giving 100% of her profits from the sales of her new Hello World stamp set & dies will be giving to help fund the computer program at the school where Jennifer Ingle's husband works as a teacher.  What could be better?  You get some new goodies to play with, the design team brings you a blog hop with dozens of ideas to use them and the kids get new computers and software to build their future!   Win Win Win!!!


Direct link to youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxQjHtvbkxk



If you would like to donate directly to the kids, you can do so by clicking the following go fund me page: https://www.donorschoose.org/project/chromebooks-for-urban-education/2208813/



Supply List
Stamps: Hello World (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: 004, 31, 33, 36, 40, 41 (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers) Pool to Navy Ombre (Hero Arts) Versamark
Paper: Bristol (Ellen Hutson Essentials) Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Hello World Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs) Misti (My Sweet Petunia) Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder (WOW) Clear Embossing Powder (Stampin' Up)

As if that weren't enough goodness, Catherine came out with another stamp set for this weekend called YAY stripes.  One of the stamps in this set was inspired by my suggestion, so I just HAD to make a card using it for you.  I'll be filming a video and talking about it next week, but for now, I introduce you to the dotted chevron stripe.


Can you guess where the inspiration came from?  Those who know me best might be able to.  ;)  Along with Hello World stamps & dies, and YAY! Stripes stamp set the entire Lovely Notes Collection will also be added to the store.  You might as well add a bit more to your cart if you already paying shipping, right?!  ;) 


To get pink paper to perfectly match the pink dot chevrons I did the direct-to-paper technique.  Simply swipe the ink on piece of white cardstock and you have instant colored paper.  :) 

Stamps: Hello World, YAY! Stripes (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: Grapesicle, Limeade, Tropical Teal (My Favorite Things) Versamark
Paper: Black, White (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Hello World Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs) Misti (My Sweet Petunia) Opaque Bright White, Sparkling Snow Embossing Powders (WOW)



Now for the blog hop.  Your next stop is the fabulously talented Donna Mikasa.  You will want to check out the entire list of creative designers for ideas on how to use this stamp set & matching dies, then go purchase them for yourself to help the kids get computers in their school. We would love it if you spread the word by sharing this hop with your friends & followers.

BONUS: Instead of a regular blog hop giveaway, I want to give back to the kids, and I hope you do too.  You can help me.  For each 100 people that comment on this blog post by October 3rd,  I will donate $5.00 to the go fund me page.  Your comment will help these kids.  Bless you!


44 comments:

Marty said...

I really like how you've used all of the hello stamps to create a background.

Aunt Mary said...

great card. Love that you did video--I picked up a few extra tips.

Unknown said...

That beautiful cards. Love the creativity. you video was nice to watch.

Unknown said...

I love your cards Heather, they are absolutely gorgeous! Tfs

Jingle said...

Heather, these are great! I super love the bright pink in the second card! Thank you so much for being a part of this special promotion! I am so grateful for what you are doing!

Jo Ann Lovell said...

Love your cards, the style, the colors and especially like the stripes. Beautiful!

Susan Powell said...

Beautiful cards Heather! And a great cause!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Cool cards!

Sabrina said...

Very pretty cards!!!

Jean Bullock said...

Love the cards. I pinned them. The colors are so bright and appealing. Thanks for your generosity in donating for each comment. I think that's fabulous!

Unknown said...

Love the card

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards!

Unknown said...

Pop, pop and more pop. Love it.

Laurie said...

Love the dotted card!! Adorable!!

loceanjo said...

Love the colours used on both cards, especially the green one! Stunning!!

Russell Productions said...

Nice cards. Thanks for the video.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your cards, Heather!!! ♥♥♥

kcoker said...

Your techniques are amazing and your cards are fabulous.

Ebrown said...

Love the video explaining your thought process. Great cards.

CindyRomanDaversa said...

You are so wonderful to explain your process! Your cards are amazing!

barbara macaskill said...

WowZers! Brilliant backgrounds!! Love this stamp set and have purchased it so I can help the students get the tools they need!! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this!

Unknown said...

I really like both of your cards, I like your style and like to see your cards.

Susan K said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful video. Great cards!

Melissa said...

Beautiful cards, Heather!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

LOVE THIS SO VERY MUCH!!!

Hope you are able to stop by my lil ole blog too! Thanks for joining in this great cause, so happy to be able to do this as well!!!

HUGS Kimberly Wiener
http://wienerhoneymooners.blogspot.com/2016/10/hello-world-blog-hop.html

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is so bright and cheerful! Fabulous!

Isabelle said...

Your cards are awesome, happy and colorful : everything I love ! And in addition, you're did them for a good cause, it's really great ! I've got so much pleasure following this blog hop, it's very inspiring.

Karenladd said...

Oh, the embossed resist background in your first card is gorgeous!! Love these cards.

Nana Griffin said...

I always enjoy getting to see the card being made and yours was great. Lovely cards today and a great cause that you are part of.

Unknown said...

I so like the first cards with the watercolour. I am hooked on watercolour, even though mine doesn't always turn out. You put so much work into this card. I like the others as well.

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the stripes on the second card.
the colors are so pretty.
The blending of the blue and green on
the first is wonderful.
thanks for sharing

Laura said...

you have such colorful cards - - one can't help but to smile!

Karen said...

Gorgeous cards. I really love the chevron dots, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Nan0807 said...

Gorgeous cards! I really loved watching you make the one on the video! It is by far my favorite! So excited to see how many computers can be purchased for this awesome cause!

~amy~ said...

Heather, love them! Gorgeous watercoloring on the first one and such fun colors on the 2nd one!

{Chrissie} said...

I love both cards! They are both so different and so bright and fun!

Penelope said...

Cute cards! Great ideas!

Marta said...

Love the bright colors!

Virginia L. said...

So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Focal Point” Challenge! WONDERFUL!

Deeps said...

Lovely cards. Love the cause that you guys are doing it for.

jandbspiegel said...

I love your card. The tip for putting the die cut back on the page for stamping is the BEST!!! I struggle stamping on die cuts - most of the time I stamp first and cut second, but even that sometimes comes out a little off. I am definitely going to try this! Thanks.

onenutsyperson said...

Your world card is ��. Thanks for the video. Learned some great ideas and tips. Thanks .

Kim said...

Great cards, love this set!

bbunch said...

Both are beautiful cards!