7.31.2015

Cottage Garden Quilt ~ ALYOF

Goals Made & Missed

alyof2015
July Finish
My goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes (ALYOF) was to complete my quilt top for the Riley Blake challenge through the Modern Quilt Guild.  I'm happy to report I made that goal!  YIPPEE!

Unfortunately, life threw me some curveballs and I did not make the MQG deadline for a completed quilt. :'(  Don't you hate when life gets in the way of quilting?  Since I didn't make the deadline for MQG I am considering changing a couple of things.


I had some leftover fabric that I sewed into a small flower for the back of the quilt.  Now I am thinking about sewing a couple of more and adding them to the front instead.  It would be a bit of a pain to hand sew 3-5 more flowers at this point, especially during this heat wave.  What do you think?

Left Middle
I also sewed some leftover strips together from the Dresden petals.  My plan is to put these on the back as well.  I pinned it to my wall to take a picture for you and now I want to cut them into long 2" strips for a border.  Unfortunately these are the only scraps I have, and I'm not sure I want to go to the trouble to "create scraps". 


At this rate, I might just have a solid back to my quilt.  Since I didn't meet the deadline for the MQG I think I will sit with this on my wall for a few days while I try to decide what I'm going to do.  I'm leaning towards just quilting it "as-is", but we will see.  If the weather cools back down I might just watch another season of Grey's Anatomy and hand-stitch away.

1 comment:

mennikelly said...

Which option requires the least amount of ironing? I decided not to sew anything today because I don't want to use the iron. Congratulations on the finished quilt top.