4.24.2015

Gradient Stamping + Challenge + Video

Happy Friday!  I'm getting ready to head out the door and start my weekend early.  Our quilt guild is participating in the Spring 2015 Arts Walk and I am going up to Canvas Works to see our quilt display and take pictures to share with you tomorrow.   Before I go though, I have a card and video to share with you.



All week long, at StampNation, there have been challenges with prizes up for grabs.  Our challenges never end, but to be elligible for prizes you need to post your photos by May 3rd, 2015.  The first challenge was packing for the retreat with limited supplies.  We were asked to make a card using 1 stamp set, 3 ink colors and 1 embellishment.  Yowzers, that was hard for me to create an idea for, until I realized I could use my MISTI and a large font sentiment to create a CAS card.





  Then I saw the challenge this week at CASology and I knew exactly what I wanted to make.  Here's the video showing you what I came up with for challenge #1


https://youtu.be/KyB2FI8LKYw

While making this card I was reminded just how long it takes pigment inks to dry and how easily they smear.  The end results are sometimes worth the effort though.


After I created the first card the ideas kept flowing and I created 3 more.  I'll be showing you those next week.  Hope you have a great weekend!


Stamps: Hello Life (SU)
Ink: Bahama Blue , Lilac Posies, Rose Bud (Memento Luxe)
Paper: Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: MISTI (MySweetPetunia); Star Sequins, Star Embellies (Pretty Pink Posh)



SPECIAL NOTE- My friend, and fellow dream team member Kristie, is giving away a FREE MISTI on her blog.  Clicky to find out all the details.

5 comments:

Carol Held said...

Absolutely beautiful my friend! Awesome video, and enjoy your quilting weekend...smiles! Enjoyed your video a lot!

Unknown said...

Hi there Heather love your card and I remember all the stuff we packed last year for the retreat having the Misti is awesome less to carry with us♥

Ardyth said...

Ah, patience. Not one of my virtues (and hence my lack of pigment ink! lol!) This was definitely worth the patience - such a pretty mix of colours! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Aunt Mary said...

I just saw this and love it. Timing is everything--I have that stamp out to add to the inside of a card and now I know how to do the colors!

Hint: I also had problems with the paper lifting from the misty with the newer photopolymer stamps. I took on of the grid papers that you can buy with the Misti and had it laminated. That way, can clean it off and use post it tape to help secure. But I still wanted more magnets and found the exact same ones at Home Depot. Not only $2.00 less for a package than ordering on line, but no shipping charges and even better--no waiting!

Heather North said...

Thanks for those tips, Mary! Glad I could help with the colors. That is the thing that often stumps me the most about stamping, and it is easy for me to get into a "color rut".