2.24.2014

Watercolor Rainfall

I'm on a watercolor kick lately.  It's so much fun to take a blank piece of paper and wash it with a rainbow of colors.  Perhaps I am being influenced by all the rain we're having here in the Pacific Northwest.  It's turning everything green and colorful again.


I combined the two February challenges at Stampin' Celebration as inspiration for my card.
SC#75 Feb.
SC#75 Sketch
One little tip I can pass on to you is to use a QuickStik tool if you are going to be attaching all these little hearts.  It makes the task so much easier.

QuickStik Tool
If you've never seen one and want me to do a video on how to use it, let me know in the comments below.  :)


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

I'm also linking up with the new Wednesday Workout at Simon Says Stamp.  The challenge is to use new products so I used my new SSS die, new paper pack and brand new Seattle stamp.  <3   No wonder I love this card, it's fun playing with new toys.  :)
workitwedbanner
New

Supplies:
Stamps: Seattle (Impress), Gorgeous Grunge (SU)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, Strawberry Slush, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Cupid's Arrow (MME)
Misc: Cloudy Day Embossing Folder (SU), Apothecary Accents Framelits (SU), Heart Rainfall Die (SSS), Scallop Border Punch (SU)

13 comments:

Shona said...

Wow ! I love your card, it really stood out to me in the SSS collection.

Unknown said...

I LOVE your card Heather! So seriously cute! Love. everything. about. it. And I'm from the PNW too... just a little north of you though, but I know what you're talking about with the rain... and the rain is a BIG part of why I LOVE rainbows!

Unknown said...

oops.... forgot to say thanks for playing along at SCIC this month! I was just so giddy about your card!

Kristie Goulet said...

Heather, this card is so awesome! I love the sentiment. Going to have to check that out. Love rainbows so much and my quickstik! ♥

Melissa said...

What a beautiful card! I love a good rainbow!

Cori Kozak said...

This is fabulous!! I love the rainbow of hearts, the clouds and sky… such a fun card! Thanks for joining us this month at Stampin' Celebration! :)

Unknown said...

Amazing card love the color combo and every thing about this card!

MezzoKat said...

Just over from your watercolour post on SN. Your blog is such a joy to peruse! TFS your beautiful water coloured cards.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen one, and I'd like you to do a video of it. =) It reminds me a little of the way crystals are put on fabric, though. The card is adorable, and perfect for a "from Seattle" sentiment!

Stampin' Celebration said...

Congrats on being this month's Pick of the Party over at Stampin' Celebration! You can stop by our blog to grab your badge! :) Check back tomorrow for a new inspiration challenge!

Susan Powell said...

What a great card Heather and congratulations on being the pick of the party:)

Kristie Goulet said...

YAY! Congratulations on being the pick of the party! I knew this was a winner!

Heather North said...

Thank you so much everyone! Wait until I tell my mom that card I sent her won at Stampin' Connection. She won't understand because she isn't a blogger, but she'll be proud of me. :)