2.13.2014

Song In My Heart

Your are the song in my heart.  Don't you just love this stamp set and matching die from CAS*UAL Fridays?  It combines my love of music with my favorite shape, the heart.


I've been familiar with CAS-UAL Friday challenge blog for awhile and often wondered what UAL stands for.  Recently I was looking through their online store and clicked on a link to the store blog and found my answer.  (plus a fun new to me challenge)  CleanAndSimpe- Utterly Adorable Layers.  I can do CAS, but I love my layers. How fun to discover that CFS does too.  

CFS GDT challenge
If you go to the challenge post you will see who inspired me.  The first card made by Virginia had me running to the stamp room, but all the entries have sparked my creativity. Clicky


I tried out ghost stamping on a sponged background.  It is subtle, but nice.  I'm on the hunt for a more opaque white ink.  Any suggestions?  

STS#13
The sketch for my card comes from one of my favorite sketch challenges, Seize the Sketch. Instead of a circle punch I mimicked the circular shape with sequins.  I thought it was a fun twist on the sketch.

This card is going to my hubby for Valentine's Day.  I practiced colors and inks on a scrap piece of paper and then used it to decorate the inside of my card.  I'm going to enter it in the Cardz4Guyz challenge as well.  


Three challenges for one card?  It must be a holiday week because this card could fit into several other challenges too.  :)   Each challenge is unique. One is color, the other a sketch, and the last one is a theme so I think it is safe to enter all three.  Check out the links to the challenges and see if they inspire you.



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Love Notes (CAS-UAL Fridays)
Paper: Glistening 6x6 pad (Authentique)
Color: (SU) Baja Breeze, Black Staz-on, Craft White, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Soft Sky
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Heart Note Die (CFS), Gold Paper (CM), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)


21 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, Heather! Well done!!!! I love the balance and layering on your design SO much! Like you, I love CAS, but I also love me some layers and details, too! Isn't this challenge FUN or what? I also love the fact that we both used exactly the same stamps and Fri-die, but we each have our own unique designs!I am absolutely honored that my card sparks your creativity! SO glad that you join the fun challenge with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Challenge!

Jennifer said...

I didn't know the UAL meant anything. LOL thank you for searching and finding that. Way too cool. Love your card too...the layers are gorgeous and I love that you decorated the inside.

Kristie Goulet said...

You are certainly rocking this set, Heather AND making me want it. :) Great card!!!

Susan Powell said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Heather!!! I got a few CF stamps in the mail today (not that one though - next time) and can't wait to go play with them. I'll be CASE-ing you when I do get it!!!

Michele Gross said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the ghosting, such a wonderful look! I'm glad you are loving your new goodies, and thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

Cazro said...

Your card certainly fits our theme of Love - lovely colours on a super card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Anonymous said...

That is one great card! Love the arch of sequins and the turquoise color.

Kimbo said...

Oh I love this one. As you say, CAS with layers is fantastic. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! i totally loooooooooove this! ♥

Patricia Hays said...

I love the musical theme and the colors you chose! Your sponging is terrific. It's a great card.

Heather North said...

Thank you so much everyone! Your sweet comments blessed me this morning. :)

Unknown said...

love the colors and yes, the musical note stamps look really good

Marybeth said...

Hi Heather, yes I do love this stamp and what you have done with it! LOVE your card and the beautiful inside too. Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Angie Tieman said...

How pretty! I love that gold embossed note! Thanks for playing along with the Blue Challenge at CFS!

JayBe said...

I love your design, Heather - thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys this week.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Judy V said...

This is beautiful. Love the blue sponged background and the ghost stamping you did. And I always love anything music themed, being a former music teacher!

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh my gorgeous! I love the blues, and the ghost stamping is such a neat technique (I've never tried it!). Your ink blending is so perfect. As for the white ink...the one I use is Colorbox Frost white, pigment ink.
Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch!

~amy~ said...

Heather, this is wonderful!
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch :)

anja curvers said...

This is really gorgeous love it.

Heather North said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments. <3

gardener said...

I just this morning found your blog and love your style and use of color.I look forward to checking back frequently.