2.14.2014

Sequin Heart ~ Video

Happy Valentine's Day!   I'll miss making all these heart cards after today.  Perhaps I will keep making them and turn them into Wedding/Anniversary/Love cards.  :)


As I was putting this card together I decided to film a video showing you how to create your own sequin focal point.
***Note- If you are reading this post in an email or reader, you may need to visit my blog to view the video below.


Close up view of the heart.


After I was done filming I add a sentiment using Hero Arts, Year Round Sentiments, and cut out the banner using my stitched sentiment flag die from Lil' Inker Designs.



I'm linking up with a few challenges.

CTS#64
Week 82
ctd279

Happy heart day to all of you!



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Hardwood (SU), Year Round Sentiments (Hero Arts)
Ink (SU): Pretty In Pink, Raspberry Ripple, Smoky Slate
Accesories: Hearts Framelits (SU), Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Stitched Sentiment Flag Die (Lil' Inker Designs), Rhinestones



21 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful!

Lori said...

How fun! Love the sequin filled heart focal point. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Laura Davis said...

LOVE this!!
Laura

Marybeth said...

I love this Heather… I love sequins so this is one I would love to try… I will have to come back and watch the video.

Heather North said...

Thank you! ♥

Ardyth said...

I love order and neatness and your lined up sequins make my heart happy! Gorgeous colours too! Thank you for joining us at CASology

Jen W. said...

A fabulous combo of all the challenges! Love all those bright and cheery sequins! Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

Thank you for the shout out in your video! I absolutely LOVE this card and am going to CASE it exactly! ♥

Wendy Coffman said...

This is so pretty!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Great CASE with a twist. You and Kristie are very talented ladies!

Shona Chambers said...

The card is just gorgeous and love the colour sequins you used. Absolutely beautiful!!

Gillian R said...

Such a gorgeous sequin heart. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Judy1223 said...

Heather, wow! What an awesome way to arrange your sequins...a perfect heart, and I love the woodgrain card base, too! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Heather. Love the sweet sequins behind the heart die-cut. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Heather North said...

Thank you for all the kind comments. You really can't go wrong with sequins and a heart shape.

Unknown said...

I love this! Your sequins look like one of your beautiful quilts. Gorgeous work!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Robin K. said...

You've sold me on that SU hardwoods bg stamp! Adore your design!

Betty said...

What a cool card. Love your heart window with the sequins. Great job. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

Unknown said...

Heather I am so sorry that I did not comment before as this card & video are so amazing thank you so much for sharing all of you awesome ideas mwah♥

Sally said...

No pun, but I Love this card! Will have to try and remember this for Valentines~ I never know what kind of adhesive or glue to use for things~ Heather, this is so pretty and would even be cute framed to just set out every year on Valentine's~ :)