2.28.2014

Playful Colors

Boy did I have fun in the stamp room last night!  I started out trying to clean up my mess and ended up making two fabulous cards.  That means two posts today.  :)  Scroll down to see my other card.

Don't you just love that Space Needle die cut?  I flipped when I saw it over on Amy Tsuruta's blog and asked her where she found it. She told me Impress in Tukwila, WA and then said she would die cut some for me and sent them to me.  Can you believe it?  What a nice thing to do!   I've met some of the nicest people through my blogging adventure.


This little beauty is the stamp I picked up from Impress.  You can order custom stamps with your city or state or country.  I'm thinking about buying a Washington stamp, since I don't live in Seattle. I added some washi tape to the banner so it would stand out behind the die cut.

Thanks again Amy for your generosity and for pointing me to my new favorite happy place.  Perhaps I will see you in the store someday.

Linking up to the following challenges:

Colour Me: #9




Freshly Made Sketches: 125




Ribbon Carrousel: 90










Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Love (Impress)
Die Cut: Space Needle (???)
Ink & Paper: Stampin' UP!
Punches: Heart Punch (SU), Cupcake Builder (SU)
Washi Tape: Epic Day This & That (SU)

13 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

That was so sweet of Amy to cut some and send some along to you! Another great card here, Heather. LOVE the sponged clouds!

Susan Powell said...

That die of the space needle is fantastic and what a sweetheart Amy was to send you some. Your card is awesome!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Blogging buddies are the best, aren't they? I love how you sponged the cloudy background - so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Katie Melhus said...

How cool is that Space Needle and sentiment? I'm a Washington girl, too but way on the other side in little ol' Walla Walla. It would be very cool to have a stamp with your town on it! The card looks gorgeous too, just perfect for this color combo! So glad you're joining us this week at Colour Me...!

Narelle Farrugia said...

How amazing is this card? What a gorgeous cloudy background you've created and I just love the die you've used - you do meet the most amazing people through our fabulous hobby.

~amy~ said...

AWESOME use of the diecut! yahoo!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh my word, I just love this! You did a gorgeous job on the cloudy paper and the bit of washi was a genius solution! I have had blog friends surprise me with wonderful gifts as well, and it is one of the best feelings ever! LOVE your card! :)

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wow! Such a fun and happy card! I just love what you've done with the challenge colours. That sky is amazing and I love all the red borders. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week :)

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW! I love this card.Beautiful background and i love the die!! Awesome!
Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on your win over at FMS!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card, Heather. I, too am from Washington, Maple Valley to be exact and I love Impress. Lucky for me, it is only about 20 minutes away from me. Congrats on your win.

Linda said...

Beautiful card, Heather. I, too am from Washington, Maple Valley to be exact and I love Impress. Lucky for me, it is only about 20 minutes away from me. Congrats on your win.

Julia @ It's Always Ruetten said...

This is a stunning card! Great job and congrats on your win!