11.14.2017

New Release ~ Paradise Found

Have you caught any of the new release videos Catherine & Ingrid have been doing over on Facebook?  She has a new collection of earthy spa colors of ink, plus stamps and dies. Today's cards feature the new Plaid Background stamp along with the Winter Woodland stamps & dies.  I managed to use all but 2 colors between these two cards.

This first card was a happy accident.   When we designers get these products we have NO samples to go off and it can be quite tricky trying to figure out how the designer intended the stamps to go together.  I played around with the greenery and using the heart and bird together.  I wasn't sure which was supposed to be in the center, but it doesn't really matter because they both look great.  Earlier I had stamped out the plaid background in both Rockin' Red (Party Collection) and Peppermint Scrub (Spa Collection) to see how the two reds compared.  This paper happened to be on the table when I set the bird on top.  Later when I was looking for something else I saw the small doily and the birdie gift tag on top of the plaid background and almost squealed it was so cute.  I stamped the arrangement on the center of my doily and put this quick card together.

Paper: Premium White (CPD)
Accessories: Small Doily Die (Catherine Pooler Designs) 


This second card came when stamped out the deer and other images, then die cut them.  I couldn't find a matching die to the greenery that the bird is sitting on.  I had used that stamp to make a wreath on yesterday's card.  I had thought perhaps they were supposed to be in the place of antlers, tough there are antlers in this stamp set.  So, I grabbed the green stamp I had used on the cards above, then grabbed the die to cut it out and I couldn't get it to match.  There was all this extra white space sticking out that side.  That's when it dawned on me that the 2 greeneries were designed to be stamped over each other.  Pretty cool, eh?! 

One I put that die cut "bouquet" on my deer's head, I had to jazz up his background too.  I would have grabbed the gold glitter embossing powder I've been seeing Catherine use, but I don't have it in my hot little hands.   I do have sand dunes, and decided to experiment to see how it would look.  Originally I was going to just have it be a small background like it was on the card I made yesterday, but I loved it too much to cover up, so I pulled out the small doily die instead to anchor my deer.  This happy accident turned out to be one of my favorite cards from this collection.


Stamps: Plaid Background, Winter Woodland (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: Eucalyptus, Peppermint Scrub, Juniper Mist, Green Tea (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Paper: Premium White (CPD)
Accessories: Sand Dunes Embossing PowderSmall Doily Die (Catherine Pooler Designs) 

The entire spa collection, plus new stamps and dies along with the Naturally Inspired collection is on sale now.  Hurry before the initial supplies sell out.  Check back in here all week for inspiration on the new releases.





Catherine is doing 3 days of blog hops, so be sure to head on over to her site to see how some of the design team was inspired.  A little birdie told me there might be prizes.  <wink-wink>

2 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Both these cards are stunning!!! And I'm loving that plaid background!

Unknown said...

So so pretty! The first one reminds me of a country fair with that red plaid and the doily. Beautiful!