10.19.2016

Feminine Birthday Card

This is the card I made for my mother-in-law.  She is a cardmaker too, but much better than I am.  She puts so much care and attention into each card she makes.  They are truly a work of art.  When it comes time for me to make a card for her I'm always nervous.  I know she will appreciate what I make, but I want to make a card she will love.  Here is the card I made for her this year.

  
My card was made first by embossing the flourish from Beautiful World in gold embossing powder on Bristol cardstock.  A must for Zigs.  Next I added color with my Zig markers and spritzed with water.  I set the panel aside to dry and stamped the bottom of my card with a retired background stamp from Stampin' Up.  You could also stamp the bottom with one of the swirls included in Beautiful World like I did in Friday's sneak peek for StampNation.

After the colored panel was dry I added a strip of black glitter cardstock and adhered it to my card base.  The finishing touch was adding dots of rose gold pearl.

 Stamps: Beautiful World (Gina K Designs) Background Stamp (retired SU)
Ink: 021, 025, 026, 050, 052 (Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers) Black (Staz-On) Versamark
Paper: Black Glimmer (SU) Bristol (Strathmore) Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder (SU) Rose Gold Liquid Pearls (Ranger)


1 comment:

Carmela said...

Love the colors and background of your card!! Very pretty.