10.18.2013

Thanks is for Giving

Saying "thank you" is such an important thing to do.  One of the best ways I know how is to send a card, or better yet a card and a batch of chocolate chip cookies to show your gratitude.  :)  Thanksgiving is not the only time I reflect on what I'm thankful for.  Every day I am thankful for so many blessings in my life. (including you!)


On Monday I showed you one way to use the burlap ribbon, and this card uses up the pieces of "string" I pulled off the ribbon to make it fray.  Isn't that burlap bow a nice touch to the card?


In the video I will show you some easy things you can do with Stampin' UP!'s burlap ribbon.  It's great for the fall cards I've been making lately, but I've also used it on several masculine cards as well.  The texture is unique and I think that's why I like it so much.


***Note- If you are reading this post in your email you may need to go to my blog to view the video.



After the camera stopped rolling I made another card using the burlap banner.  It's one of my favorite Autumn cards this year.   It was also my Design Team card for StampNation earlier this month.  Originally my card submission was going to be the one in the video, but I like this one even better.


My favorite part of this card has to be the burlap banner with the addition of the brown button.  It just feels like fall to me.


The "thank" comes from an expressions thinlit that spells "thankful"  I just cut off the last three letters and glued it down using my two-way glue pen.  Next I stamped "YOU" from Friendship Preserves to add beneath it.   Adding the "you" took the longest time.  I went through all my stamps to find the right you and had to cut this one out to make it work, but it's worth it.  Now that the card is complete I love the added touch.


These are obviously Fall themed thank you cards because of the autumnal colored leaves stamped in the background, but if you changed up the color and stamp you could send these year round.  Perhaps I will make a snowflake thanks to show you what I mean.  :)



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Friendship Preserves, Magnificent Maple, Seasonal Sayings
Ink & Paper: ??? Summer Starfruit, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso (or was it Chocolate Chip), Soft Suede, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla (Basically just pull out your fall colors and go to town)
Misc.: Burlap Ribbon, Nuetrals Button, Expressions Thinlits


No comments: