6.25.2016

Friend, You Make Me Smile!

I saw this stencil technique awhile ago and had to try it out on my friendship card. Basically you sponge the rainbow of colors over the stencil, move the stencil slightly and without re-inking your sponge, stencil again.  It gives you a lighter shade of the colors you first stenciled.  Pretty cool, eh?  Sorry, I can't remember who I saw doing this technique.  Whoever you are, THANK YOU!

The sentiment is a combo of  stamps from the Wild Blooms stamp set and the Friend Fri-Die.  My tag was looking a little bare and not popping against the background, so I matted it in black.  It was still too plain, so I pulled out some flower stamps and stamped along the bottom, then added a skinny strip of black cardstock.  Now I love it!

All of the products I used today, with the exception of ink and paper, come from Catherine Pooler's new online store.  She is doing a soft launch this week of her store that will be opening in August.  StampNation members already have the link.  Those of you on the wait list for Stamp of Approval will be getting an email tomorrow and if there is anything left, the store will open to everyone else on Monday and close on July 1st, if she doesn't sell out before that.

Stamps: Girlfriend (CASual Fridays Stamps for SOA Friendship Collection) Wild Blooms (Catherine Pooler Designs)
Ink: Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Peacock Feathers Wilted Violet (Distress) Black (Staz-On)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin' Up)
Accessories: Harleen Stencil (Winnie & Walter for SOA Young At Heart Collection) Tag Buddies Fri-Dies (CASual Fridays Stamps for SOA Friendship Collection




No comments: