9.05.2015

Sew Saturday ~ Going Teal for Ovarian Cancer Awareness ~ ALYOF Goal

Last month I missed posting for ALYOF.  My parents were up visiting and I was away from my computer and sewing room the first week of the month.  That is ok, because sometimes we all need a break from deadlines, even the ones that are really good motivators.  I've been debating for the past week on what to do for my September goal.   As I was looking at the link-up a teal fabric collection caught my eye, so I headed to ClotheslineCottons and met Heather.  She is going teal for ovarian cancer awareness.


After reading her blog post I decided to quilt my Riley Blake quilt.  As I work on it I will be thinking of all those fighting ovarian cancer and praying for a cure.  Please visit http://www.ovariancancer.org/about/symptoms-of-ovarian-cancer-detection/ to learn more.



Here is where I am at right now.  I decided to add a wonky frame (aka border) to my quilt.  Once I finish that I can get it ready to quilt.  Hopefully we will have lots of rainy days so I can sew without guilt.  :)  I'm linking up with Melissa and Shanna at A Lovely Year of Finishes.

alyof2015
September Goals



No comments: