8.26.2015

Bubbles

Did you ever play with bubbles as a child?  If you're like me you were torn between watching the lovely globes float into the air and trying to pop all the bubbles you could catch.  :)   This week's challenge at StampNation gives all of us adults a chance to play with bubbles again.

Design Team Sneak Peeks
For my card I used a similar technique to the card I made HERE.   I changed the colors and the layout, but used the same translucent embossing paste over sponging.


I went masculine with this technique because my son went to his friend's 15th birthday party last weekend and I need a "cool" card for a teenager.  I think this fits the bill.   I hope you will play along with the bubble challenge and remember some summer fun from your childhood.

Normally I don't share my design team cards on the internet, but somebody from the party took a picture of the birthday boy with his card and his mom tagged me on Facebook.  Check out the little kid in front... he's blowing BUBBLES!



My son, Michael, is in the eagle shirt on the right.   This was taken after a watercolor waterballoon fight.  The pictures look like so much fun, I wish I had been there too.  Too bad the smoke from the fires here in WA kept me indoors with allergies.

Michael is on the left.
One last picture of the inside of the card.  I used a Treat Yo Self die from Ellen Hutson that I thought was fitting.  His gift was $$ and a big box of CANDY.  :)




Stamps: Let's Chat (Penny Black); Celebrate (SimonSaysStamp); Love Notes (CASual Fridays)
Ink: Versamark; Dried Marigold, Ripe Persimmon, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean (Distress)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum Cardstock (Stampin' UP!)
Accessories: Circle Stencil (Winnie & Walter- SOA); White Embossing Powder, Wooden Arrow (SU); Translucent Embossing Paste (Wendy Vecchi); Stitched Rectangle Die (Lil' Inker Designs)

No comments: