3.10.2015

Thinking of You

When the Flora & Fauna stamp set from Wplus9 first came out I HAD TO HAVE it, so I bought it.  And I love it.  Unfortunately I only used a couple of times and then put it away.  Today, I remedied that and gave some love to a few more stamps in the set.


To create my little scene I colored my stamps with distress markers and then spritzed them with a little water before stamping.  My aquapainter and distress markers were also used to color in the sky, butterfly and banners.   Black cardstock and ink helped create resting spots for the eyes and pull the card together.


My second card was done in a similar way, but with a softer touch.  I layered this card on a soft yellow cardstock instead of using the stark black.


The sun was almost set on this cloudy day when I took the picture, so I didn't have the best lighting, but I wanted to get a picture of these card in on time to enter the Throwback Thursday challenge at Wplus9.  It ends in two days, so hurry up and pull out on of their stamps you haven't used in awhile to give it some love.


I'm also entering my first card in the CAS(E) this sketch challenge.  The little banners coming off the focal image were 100% inspired by this sketch.  To make the banners really shine, I staggered them with a black banner.  Another fabulous sketch that I'm sure to be using again.

Stamps: Flora & Fauna 2, Lucky Stars (Wplus9); Eloquence (Penny Black)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Shabby Shutters (Distress Markers)
Paper: Distress Watercolor Paper (Ranger); Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White (Stampin' UP!)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangles Dies, Rounded Stitched Rectangle Dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Banner Punch, Corner Rounder (Stampin' UP!)

3 comments:

Maureen Merritt said...

Oh Heather, that 2nd card made me gasp! Stunning!

Hannelie said...

Such a stunning take on the sketch!!!
Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch !

Katie said...

Beautiful on both counts. Love them.