4.08.2014

Patterned Paper & Sketches

Hello, my name is Heather and I am a "pretty paper" hoarder.   (I can hear you echoing "hello, Heather".  :)

Actually, since switching from scrapbooking to cardmaking I have been much better about using my patterned paper.  It goes a lot further on cards than on a scrapbook page.   Getting over the first cut is the hardest part.  Once you cut that 12x12" piece into a 4 x 5.25" rectangle and see how much pretty paper you have left for other cards it becomes easier to just use it.

Have you ever tried to use up a paper pack making only cards?  You can make a ton!   Now that we are over the fear of cutting into that paper, let's talk about how to actually use it.   That is what today's lesson in the StampNation classroom is all about.

Patterned Paper & Sketches
...and I am the teacher.  Scary, I know, but at least your teacher speaks from experience.    

All week long different teachers will be showing us how to use patterned paper on our cards.  Yesterday Allison Cope had an awesome tutorial on paper piecing showing how to use both traditional and digital stamps to achieve this technique. I chose a lesson on sketches, because I LOVE SKETCHES.   They do the hard work for you.  

In this free class for StampNation members I will show you how to break down a sketch and make it work with your own supplies.  We will discuss layering patterns on top of each other, achieving contrast and balance.  

Not a StampNation member?  What are you waiting for girlfriend?  Members get access to all areas of the classroom, gallery, videos, tutorials, and so much more.  You can check it out and quit your membership at any time.  



1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

Sounds like a fun class, Heather! I am a paper hoarder myself...my collections are not quite enough to cover my craft room for wall paper, but I am slowly getting there! I bet your class is awesome and I am going to try to take a lesson from you! TFS!