3.01.2014

Sew Saturday ~ In Stitches 2

Missed part 1?  Clicky to go there now or scroll up if you are on the blog.

Oh my, how the batiks pop against black int this amazing quilt.  This was part of the bed turning. One lady from the guild is chosen each year to show and tell the story of her quilt history.  It was wonderful to learn the story about her and her family through the quilts she has made or that have been passed down to her.


My son's friend loves the color orange.  I would love to be able to make a quilt like this one for him before he goes off to college in the Fall.  First I have to find this pattern.


Loved the ombre look of this starry night quilt.  I'm going to try to recreate it in a card.  :)


ALYoF2014
ALYOF March

Today is the first day of March so it's time to set another goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes with Melissa and Shanna.   My goal is to cut into this pile of old jeans, along with the drawer shoved full of more torn jeans into blocks that can be sewn into a quilt top.  It would be great if I could get the quilt top done before Baseball season starts, but I will be happy with getting these cut into workable pieces.



I also need to sew the binding on my quilt finish from February and work on my BOM for our SSMQG meeting.  Lots to do with baseball practice starting soon, but I am hopeful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denim makes a great, durable quilt, and I know you can get all those jeans cut into usable pieces this month! Thanks for the additional pictures of the show. It looks like it was a super experience.

mary ellen said...

I made a raggy style quilt for one of my nieces wwith squares cut from old jeans backed with one square of a funky, girly flannel. It didn't need any batting and weighed a ton. The denim and flannel fuzzed up nicely in the wash. It was the lawn quilt for her college days. So simple to put together--the hardest part was snipping all the seams for the raggy bit. You could get it done by baseball season!

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see your jean quilt!!!

Wendy said...

a denim quilt will be interesting! Will it be squares or are you going to do a pattern?

Kristie Goulet said...

I LOVE that orange and black quilt! So cool! I can't wait to see your denim quilt, Heather!!