2.03.2014

Merry Monday CASE

I've been busy in the stamp room working on some future design team cards, so I wanted a quick card that I could make and show to you today.  Merry Monday, and my friend, Kristie, to the rescue.

MM#94
Stockings are my favorite part of Christmas.  There is so much goodness that can be filled in a stocking.  (Especially when your stocking is knit and can stretch with every gift that gets put inside it.)  ;)


Stampin' UP!'s Snow Festival DSP is retired now, but I still love it and will continue to use it until the pack is gone.  One of the things I dearly love about cardmaking is that the paper stretches so far.  I even used a scrap to punch the little jewelry tag.


I love the added detail of the little jewelry tag.  That is one retired product I might not ever get rid of.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog
Anything goes w/baker's twine

I'm also linking up with the current "Anything Goes" with "Baker's Twine or Thread" at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.  It's a small detail, but it adds the finishing touch to my card.


Another week, another Christmas card.  I'm pretty impressed with how easy the Merry Monday challenges are making it to create a card a week.  Thank you!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Supplies- Stampin' UP!
Stamps: Christmas Tagables, Tiny Tags (retired)
Paper: Gumball Green, Snow Festival DSP (retired), Baja Breeze (retired)
Accessories: Brushed Bronze Metal Sheet (AALD), Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon, Jewelry Tag Punch (retired), Scallop Square Duos Die, White Baker's Twine
Christmas Tagables Photopolymer Stamp Set
Christmas Tagables
Gumball Green 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
Gumball Green Ribbon




14 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like all the stockings hung off the flourish, it's such a sweet idea and gives the card motion. Great card! I agree on the jewelry tag-so small yet so often used!

Kristie Goulet said...

You already know I LOVE this, Heather! I have a few of these squares left but have been stuck with the ones like the one you used on your card. Now I know what stamp to use in the banner part. Thank YOU!!! Off to make some more. :) Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Hazel (Didos) said...

O WOW this is so sweet, what a great card. Just popped by via Merry Monday, Hazel (Didos) No10 x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather :-) I love the traditional red/green combo and the little tag is super cute :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card, I love the papers and colours and the super cute stockings. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that great image and the cute little tags hanging off the ribbon! Very sweet!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Bonnie said...

I love this paper too. It makes a perfect background for these fun little stockings! Love the scalloped edge and tiny tags too! Thanks, Heather, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Mrs A. said...

I have to agree with everyone else that the little jewelry tags finish this card perfectly. saw your entry on Merry Monday. hugs Mrs A.

Susan Powell said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card Heather!! Everything about it is perfect!!

Marcia Hill said...

Really cute card! I love the whimsical way the stockings are all hung...really eye catching! :0)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your little tags are adorable and I love how you hung your stockings on a swirly! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Susan Joyce said...

Sweet design, love the whimsical little stockings and how they have been arranged. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Heather North said...

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. They mean so much to me!

Debbie Bonczek said...

So funny . . . this one caught my eye from the tiny pic on the Merry Monday Gallery, and then I read the whole post and go to comment and I realize, hey . . . this is Heather from StampNation! No wonder I was drawn to this card in the pic . . . I'm always drawn to her crafty goodness. I just love this little card. That DSP is perfect, as is all the little touches (including the tiny tag w/twine). Love it.