2.14.2014

Happy Heart Mail

What motivates you to make cards?   My friend, Sherry Piro, introduced me to Operation Write Home a few years ago.  She is a big supporter of OWH and always cheers me on in my efforts.  This week she emailed me this picture of her Valentine's Day card.  Isn't it lovely?  I'll be CASEing you Sherry!

Handmade by Sherry Piro
The best part is that it doesn't say "Valentine's Day" so it can be used year round.  Sherry doesn't have a blog, but I hope she starts one soon.  I'll happily be her first follower.

Besides friends and followers who encourage me in my card making  I am inspired by the way it feels to receive a card.   Yes, I thoroughly enjoy the process of making cards, but what really gets me going is knowing that the person who receives my card will be getting some happy mail.

Freda McCracken's card

Here is the recent "happy mail" I found in my mailbox.  Above is a sweet Valentine from Freda McCracken.  You don't have to send me handmade cards to delight my heart.  Any mail that isn't a bill or ad makes me happy.  :)

Patrica Wroblewski 
This beauty above was from Patrica Wroblewski, aka Tink on StampNation. Isn't it gorgeous?!   It reminds me of something my talented mother-in-law would make.

I'm so very inspired by all the cards and challenges that all of you make and share!    You give me TONS of inspiration to pull from as I search the internet and visit blogs.  I'm constantly running to my stamp room to see what I can make after something in your card catches my eye. At times like these I am making cards for the pure joy I feel while creating.  

Pop of Red

Check out the inspiration from the StampNation design team this week. That is some serious motivation to create, don't you think?  If that's not enough motivation for you, this week there is a prize to be won!   Wendy Coffman, of Stamping Rules, is giving away 2 CTMH stamp sets to one participant in this week's challenge. 

Want to join StampNation?  Clicky to join the fun.  :)
Already a member and want to see the challenge?  Clicky

P.S.  My project is the sweet little Valentine treat in the lower left corner.  Samples of the stamp sets being given away are in the top left and bottom right corners.  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



No comments: