2.06.2014

Ghosts of Love

Today is challenge day at StampNation and we have a fun one for you, Ghost Stamping.  What is ghost stamping?  Catherine has an easy to follow video tutorial on the site, but basically it is stamping in white ink, then stamping over the top with your colored ink.


It's similar to Shadow Stamping like you see in the True Love banner.  Shadow stamping uses color, whereas ghost stamping uses white or vanilla.  Pretty cool huh?  It's hard to see, but the little hearts are ghost stamped.  The full card is on StampNation for members only.


The ghost stamping on the pink base didn't show up as well as I had hoped it would, so I tried using the same colors, but this time stamping on craft cardstock.  The white showed up MUCH better this time!


It's fun to experiment with different colors and see the effect they have.  My favorite combo that Catherine used was white and blue on craft.  I need to go watch her video again to see which shade of blue she used because it was stunning!

CTS #63
My card was inspired by the CAS(E) this sketch challenge.  Even though I used pattern paper it is still "clean" because that space is not cluttered with stamping and embellishments and layers.  My focal point remains at the top.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Language of Love, Itty Bitty Banners
Paper: Lost & Found Blush (My Mind's Eye), Crumb Cake, Raspberry Ripple
Ink: Craft White, Raspberry Ripple, Versamark
Accessories: Bitty Banner Framelits, Love Note Die (Reverse Confetti), White Embossing Powder, Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card! I love that stamping technique and how you used the love note die!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see how the print paper changes the look of the card, though. I could see a lot of ways to interpret this CAS.

Heather North said...

Thanks, Leigh. I've been using that die so much this week.

Susan, I was surprised at how different papers & inks look.

Debbie Bonczek said...

LOVE that ghost stamping. Beautiful samples. I'll have to head over to StampNation to see the challenge.